Sunday, October 17, 2004

Delicious

Walking home from a visit to my friend's last night - stopped at a 7-11 for a slice of weary pizza. Noticed a poster for the club joint in Århus called Train.
Seems that DJ Typhoons project "Nobody Beats the Beats" is going on quite a tour around the country this fall. Can't say I've ever heard much of it, but I've seen it compared to Guru's Jazzmatazz a couple of places. Apparently, it's sort of a collective effort involving live instruments and DJs - and focusing heavily on soul and funk vibes. The recent third album looks promising. They've really collected some hip hop profiles this time, including Baldhead Slick himself. Doubt any of these will show up in Aarhus, though. Maybe at the grand openeing in Copenhagen?

Anyway, looks like Blackalicious, another of my favorite hip hop acts at the moment, are coming to add to the show. I couldn't understand their placing as sort of secondary to the main gig - since they absolutely ripped it at Roskilde. But I guess they've been invited as a supplement to the main promotion, which rocks. I urge people to go see them. Fantastic live hip hop. Some of the best I've seen in many years. And they certainly know their soulfunk legacy, that's evident.
Actually, I may add a Quannum Project page to my Whats - since that collective is also an interest of mine...

No comments: